and Tolerancing Training
and Tolerancing Training
We are pleased to be a distributor of The Fundamentals of Geometric Dimensioning
and Tolerancing published by Effective Training, Inc. We offer a variety of training
materials to meet all your Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing needs!
Fundamentals of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Video Training Program.
For: ASME Y14.5M-1994
Audience: This is a basic training package that is used by a variety of audiences,
especially machine operators and engineers. This 10 videotape set can be used as a complete
training program, or as a supplement to an existing program.
- Ten Videotapes.
- One Instructor's Guide containing tips and suggestions
for conducting the training.
- Four reproducible drawings that are used along with the videos.
- One Student Workbook in which the
student practices the concepts shown in the video.
- Extensive graphics, tips, and charts that summarize key points from the videos.
- Practice problems and a mini-quiz in each lesson.
- And the Workbook serves as an excellent on-the-job reference.
Video #1: GD&T Introduction (1 hr. 25 min.)
- Course Overview
- Lesson 1: Engineering Drawings
- Lesson 2: GD&T and Coordinate Tolerancing
- Lesson 3: GD&T Key Terms
Video #2: GD&T Fundamentals (1 hr. 8 min.)
- Lesson 4: GD&T Symbols and Modifiers
- Lesson 5: GD&T Rules
- Lesson 6: GD&T Concepts
Video #3: Form (1 hr. 17 min.)
- Lesson 7: Flatness Control
- Lesson 8: Straightness Control
- Lesson 9: Circularity Control
- Lesson 10: Cylindricity Control
Video #4: Datums: Planar (1 hr. 23 min.)
- Lesson 11: The Planar Datum System
- Lesson 12: Datum Targets
Video #5: Datums: Size (1 hr. 27 min.)
- Lesson 13 FOS Datum Specifications (RFS)
- Lesson 14:FOS Datum Specifications (MMC)
Video #6: Orientation (1 hr. 7 min.)
- Lesson 15: Perpendicularity Control
- Lesson 16: Angularity Control
- Lesson 17: Parallelism Control
Video #7: Tolerance of Position Fundamentals (1 hr. 32 min.)
- Lesson 18: Tolerance of Position
- Lesson 19: Tolerance and Position Applications
- Lesson 20: Cartoon Gages
Video #8: Tolerance of Position: Advanced (1hr.44 min)
- Lesson 21: Calculating Part Distances
- Lesson 22: Fixed and Floating Fastener Formulas
- Lesson 23: Special Applications
Video #9: Concentricity/Symmetry/Runout (1hr.39 min)
- Lesson 24: Concentricity
- Lesson 25: Symmetry
- Lesson 26: Circular Runout
- Lesson 27: Total Runout
Video #10: Profile
- Lesson 28: Profile Tolerancing
- Lesson 29: Profile of a Surface
- Lesson 30: Profile of a Line
- Course Summary
About the Author: Alex Krulikowski, nicknamed the
"Doctor of Dimensioning", is a noted educator, author, and authority on Geometric
Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T). A design manager with one of the world's largest
manufacturing corporations, he has more than 30 years of experience putting GD&T to
practical use on the shop floor.|
An Eastern Michigan University graduate with a degree in industrial vocational education,
Alex has taught GD&T to more than 15,000 people. His books have been printed in three
languages. Alex's teaching is geared to the actual users of GD&T, and his materials are
written in an easy-to-understand manner.
He's a member of the National Committees on Dimensioning and Tolerancing, the Society of
Manufacturing Engineers, the American Society for Quality, the American Society of Design
and Drafting, the U.S. Car GD&T Committee and Chairman of General Motors' Geometric
Consulting Services: Alex can assist you by:
Alex frequently speaks at engineering, educational, and design conferences. His
articles regularly appear in trade magazines. He is the founder and president of
Effective Training, Inc.
- Providing an expert interpretation of drawings for customers or suppliers
- Reviewing product drawings for meaningfulness, reasonable tolerances and critical
- Evaluating product designs before production release to reduce manufacturing,
tooling and gaging costs through proper specification of part tolerances.
- Assisting in converting coordinate dimensions into geometric dimensions
- Reviewing Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) inspection reports.
The Ultimate Pocket Guide for Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
This guide is the perfect on-the-job reference tool for your GD&T needs!
The Pocket Guide is a must for anyone who uses engineering drawings. Order one for
each member of your team!
- Pocket size - easy to carry on the job or in your briefcase
- 77 information packed pages
- Each symbol explained with examples
- Includes a section on surface texture
- Includes a handy inch/millimeter conversion chart
- Includes a useful conversion chart covering Coordinate Measurement to a
Diameter Tolerance Zone
- Definitions, rules and major concepts
- An economical reference tool
Computer-Based Training - The GD&T Trainer Multi-User Edition
The GD&T Trainer Multi-User Edition is a complete state-of-the-art course in
Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- 28 Lessons with review quizzes and practice exercises
- Numerous questions allow the student to practice each concept and receive instant feedback
- Ideal for first time or refresher training
- Multiple students can take the course on a single workstation
- Each student can be scheduled to work on the course at different times and days
- The course administrator assigns and manages each student taking the course
- The course administrator can also adjust the minimum passing score for each lesson
- Provides consistent training for your whole organization
- Based on ASME Y14.5M-1994
- Runs on Windows 3.1/Windows 95/Windows 98
Cover Page |
Basic Math Skills |
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
If you would like to review any of these programs in the privacy
of your own facility, give us a call or fill in
our Product Information Request Form, or drop us
an e-mail. Thank you for
Statistical Process Control |
Statistical Process Control for Short Run, Batch and Continuous
Blueprint Reading |
Product Information Request Form
Secure Server Order Form